With services that target both adolescent and adult clients, Vermilion Behavioral Health System offers programs that provide mental health care at every step of recovery. Addressing not only addiction, their facilities and staff are equipped to handle a number of different mental health conditions.
Specifically with drug treatment, the Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems believe that continuous, uninterrupted care can support progress momentum and support lasting recovery. That’s why the center offers a variety of treatment options that provide varying levels of support for individuals at different stages of recovery.
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems Mission
Located in Lafayette, Louisiana, Vermilion aims to be the most comprehensive provider of mental health care services in the region. They’ve developed an extensive range of programs to make sure their clients receive care and guidance at every step of recovery to ensure that they get the continuous treatment necessary to prevent relapse.
To achieve their goal, Vermilion BHS invests significantly in their staff, ensuring that all of their workers receive proper instruction and training so they can develop quality individualized treatment programs for all of their clients. They also ensure that their staff regularly update their knowledge base through seminars and continued education so they’re always up to date on the latest trends and practices in their fields.
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems Values
Vermilion BHS tries to standardize their care by providing their staff a number of values to guide their services. These include:
- Accountability– Vermilion’s programs teach their clients to take responsibility for their behavior and their situation. In the same vein, the center also imposes the principle on their staff so that clients receive truly compassionate services.
- Accuracy– Individualized treatment programs help guarantee that clients receive care that’s a fit for their needs. Vermilion staff work hand in hand to ensure that programs hit the nail on the head and deliver therapies that are actually beneficial and necessary.
- Communication– Vermilion espouses a system of open communication between every member of the team, as well as their clients. This allows seamless service delivery and synergistic relationships that work in favor of recovery.
- Innovation– While the center applies only evidence-based therapies, their staff believes that each client responds differently to treatment. Their innovative services aim to tailor every aspect of the program to maximize the benefits and improve outcomes.
- Harmony– A harmonious environment where staff and clients work together for the common good can significantly support the recovery process. Vermilion encourages a healthy, harmonious environment that keeps the well-being of every member at heart.
- Justice– Respect and dignity are at the core of Vermillon BHS’s services. All clients are treated with respect to their value and worth as people, and to make them feel more open to the treatment process.
- Trust– Vermilion BHS’s aims to establish trusting relationships with all of those in their care. Their personalized treatment helps guarantee that clients feel comfortable to share and express themselves in support of a complete recovery.
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems Treatment Programs
Vermilion BHS doesn’t only focus on recovery, but also prevention. Their services provide care for clients as early as age 12, delivering the necessary therapies to mitigate the risk of developing further symptoms and potentially more complicated conditions. That said, the center also provides services for conditions other than drug addiction in the hope of preventing substance use as the result of various other disorders and conditions that start in adolescence.
Adult and Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Treatment
Vermilion BHS believes that most people who develop addiction in the future likely suffer from certain mental health conditions. That’s why they offer inpatient services for adolescents aged 12 to 17 and a separate program for adults. These options provide guidance and support for conditions such as:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Suicidal ideation
Their adolescent specific program is tailored to match the type of care that works best for the youth so they can feel more comfortable and welcome.
Adult and Adolescent Substance Abuse Inpatient Detox
Individuals who go on to develop addiction are detoxified a the Vermilion BHS center. Their program caters to both adults and adolescents, delivering premier services under the care and management of their team of professionals. Vermilion BHS ensures that clients get the highest level of care by providing 24/7 monitoring.
Their safe detox program mitigates the development of painful, dangerous withdrawal symptoms so their clients can complete the first few steps of recovery. In certain cases, they may also provide medications to address withdrawal and keep clients comfortable during the process.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Treatment
Once the client is stabilized, the Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems moves them into inpatient rehabilitation treatment where they receive intensive care over the course of several months. Here they’re given a roster of treatments including counseling, group therapy, nutritional therapy, exercise therapy, and recreational therapy. The change of scenery also makes it possible for clients to keep away from stress and temptation as they adapt healthier habits and thought patterns.
The facility has separate rooms for their adult and adolescent population, allowing their clients to form bonds with co-recoverers who might be more relatable. All together, the facility has 78 beds for all of the individuals enrolled in their inpatient program.
Partial Hospitalization Program
The partial hospitalization program (PHP) is an intensive outpatient treatment that provides rigorous schedules for clients to abide by. PHP requires that clients attend therapies and treatment for 6 to 9 hours a day, returning home in the evenings to rest. Sessions happen 5 times a week, providing a stringent schedule that provides some flexibility in the evenings.
Intensive Outpatient Program
This program is slightly more forgiving than PHP so clients can assume greater responsibilities in their everyday lives. Most treatment sessions scheduled in the evenings, so clients can seek or resume profitable work opportunities that can occupy their daylight hours. Sessions typically happen 3 to 5 days in a week, with each session lasting 2 to 3 hours each.
Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems Reviews
An accumulated 64 reviews on their Google Business Profile has earned them an average rating of 2.9 out of 5. Their positive feedback mainly comes from clients who claim to have appreciated their customer service, open communication, and their caring staff.
“Excellent customer service, communication and admissions process. Patient care is highest priority. Attentive and compassionate staff to guide you through the treatment process.” – Laura Guirdy, Google Reviews
“Very clean, warm and welcoming. The staff were very professional yet really down to earth. […] The medical doctors on site were very thorough. Lastly I can’t leave out the fact that I heard about how great the food was everyday. I will forever be grateful for Vermilion and the entire staff.” – Brandy Hanks, Google Reviews
On the other hand, the center has been met with their fair share of poor reviews. Most of those who left critical comments claim that the place is poorly managed, leading to unsatisfactory performance all around.
“The emotional intelligence scale of the employees here is bordering the negatives. A lot of them do NOT know how to talk to mental health patients. Some of the therapists are good[.]” – B Fontenot, Google Reviews
“I would not recommend this facility until they change their staff members. My friend was abused by a staff member while trying to seek help. We also noticed a lack of attention by staff members.” – Google Reviews